In-service Professional Development
Since 1984, Touchstones has trained tens of thousands of educators through half and full-day workshops, preparing them to achieve optimal outcomes from their Touchstones implementations. Educators who participate in Touchstones training:
- Develop discussion leadership skills that increase student engagement, authentic connection, and active learning.
- Learn to use discussion for differentiated instruction and build whole literacy.
- Experience how Touchstones programs and methods align to and support state and national learning standards and other learning objectives, the 21stCentury educational framework, and enhanced professional practice.
- Acquire new classroom management strategies that foster cooperation with students.
- Foster classrooms characterized by active learning, community, and responsibility.
- Assume greater leadership within their own schools and communities.
Workshops for up to 25 participants are tailored to the groups’ needs, and are offered as beginning, intermediate, or advanced levels depending on the group’s experience with Touchstones. Touchstones also offers tailored workshop that specifically address International Baccalaureate and AVID school communities. The fee for a one-day workshop (limited to 25 participants) is $3,500 plus travel expenses for Touchstones staff. Click here to see a list of schools and districts where Touchstones has run in-service professional development most recently.